Hacking Happiness is all about sharing tools and insights for better living and how to unlock our full potential. We encourage contributions from our growing community and would love to hear from you if there are Happiness insights or hacks you would like to share.
Here some general rules and tips to bear in mind if you would like to get involved:
Topics & Content
Our vision comprises the following themes:
Neuroscience & Psychology
Fitness & Nutrition
We recommend to write about things close to your heart. We primarily welcome contributions from researchers and experts in their field, but find that personal experiences tend to resonate with the readers equally well. So feel free to tell us about your own journey, perspective and motivations.
Even if you are writing about complex scientific discoveries, make your tone accessible and inclusive - write no more than 1000 words and be positive and informative. Use plain English bearing in mind that many of our readers might be new to the subject and not yet familiar with sophisticated jargon.
Please send original pieces only, we will not reprint posts you published or even submitted on other websites and/or personal blogs.
We will not pay for your post but are happy to promote you among our community. So please add a short paragraph about yourself and feel free to throw in links to your websites and any other online places our readers can find you.
Once your post is up on Hacking Happiness, please share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or any other way you like. We will do the same on our end.
Photos & Videos
A picture is worth a thousand words and we strongly encourage you to submit a photo (ideally original) with your piece. We can publish a short (again original) video too. Remember to send high-resolution photos only.
Tell us where you get your facts from, especially if you are quoting statistics or a study. Use credible sources and share them with us and our readers. Both us and them may be intrigued and want to investigate further.
Before hitting send
A few questions worth asking yourself:
- Is my post inspiring and educational, does it encourage reflection?
- Am I making a good first impression, is my title grabbing the reader’s attention?
- Is the opening paragraph doing a good job in stirring a reader’s curiosity and indicating in a succinct way what to expect further?
- Am I offering tips and practical advice to readers?
- Is my topic relatively new and unexplored on Hacking Happiness? Please check what we have been writing about to avoid repetition.
- Please send your posts to email@example.com. They can be sent as an attachment or pasted within the body of the email.
- Send photos as attachments. Only provide photos you own (or no royalties if you sourced your picture from an online gallery).
- If you have not provided your own, we will add a photo to make your piece look great on our website.
- We will help with editing and choosing title and subtitles but please send us your suggested working title.
- Include a brief bio, make it no longer than 80 words.
- You will hear back from us within a week following the submission.